BVN Band Summer Band Newsletter
Happy Summer to Everyone!
I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Summer! As you progress through your summer, please CLICK HERE to download and read our SUMMER BAND NEWSLETTER. I contains a BUNCH of important information regarding our upcoming school year. This newsletter is filled with important information to ensure a successful start of the year. Thanks for in advance for your careful reading of all topics:
- The Year Ahead: BVN Band Year at-a-glance, Calendars, Student Leadership, Staff Info, Band Handbook
- Band Participation Details for Band Students: Dues, Band and BV District Forms, Uniforms, Charms
- This is a TO-DO for EVERYONE! PLEASE NOTE the DUE DATES and INSTRUCTIONS for turning in your Band Forms and Dues and git ‘r’ done!
- Communication: The Band Update, The Band Calendar, the Band App, and BoosterHub
- Band Participation Info for Parents: Our Mustang Band Boosters!
- Band Instruments – School owned and Personal
- Band Media – Performance recordings and Pictures, and the Band Website
- Extra Musical Opportunities – Lettering in Band, Private Lessons, and Honor Bands.
- Information about our wonderful BVN Parent Booster Club.
- Last, but certainly not least – MARCHING MUSTANGS – are you ready for Band Camp? A couple easy to-do’s and some reminders.
This is a lot of info! We don’t expect anyone to digest all of it in one sitting. However, all students and all parents alike should take the time to read everything prior to band camp and the start of the school year. Thank you for your careful and thorough reading!
***NOTE: Everything Below this was sent earlier in the summer and should be old info. Most of it is doubled up in the Summer Newsletter Linked Above.***
MARCHING MUSTANGS SUMMER SCHEDULE – CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!
- Mini Camps June 1 and 2, 8 AM – Noon
- Wednesday Morning Rehearsals begin June 7th.
MAKE SURE YOU’RE IN OUR “BAND APP” GROUPS!
- ALL Band PARENTS AND STUDENTS: Join THIS group.
- We will use this for quick reminders that need to go to our full band community. It will not be abused.
- Marching Mustangs STUDENTS: Join THIS group.
- We will use this for daily logistical-type reminders to students. I.E. “it’s raining, indoor rehearsal today…” etc.
- Drumline/Color Guard: Contact your student leaders and make sure you are in your specific groups
- Non-Marching Students: We’ll form band app groups for your classes in the fall.
TO-DO: Put the Band Calendar in YOUR Calendar and Complete the Calendar Agreement Form
- BVN Bands 2023-2024 Performance Calendar. The “Fridge Calendar”. Print this and hang it on your refrigerator!
- BVN Bands Online Calendar... you can add it to your google/icals!! (instructions on the bottom of the calendar webpage)
- TO-DO: CLICK HERE For the CALENDAR AGREEMENT FORM: ALL Band Students complete this form ASAP, if you haven’t already!
AUDITION MATERIALS for 2023-2024 Honor Bands!! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
- Kansas Sousa Band, for 9th Graders – CLICK HERE For audition music and details.
- KMEA All-District and All-State Band, for all HS Band members and jazzers – CLICK HERE For audition music and details.
- Percussionists: contact Mr. Freeman for your audition music.
To-DO: DUES and FORMS for the 2023-2024 BVN Bands
EVERYONE: It’s time to COMPLETE YOUR REQUIRED BAND FORMS:
Two steps to this process:
- Complete the BVN Band Info/Dues Form
- Complete the BV District online forms packet.
Step 1: the BVN Band Student/Parent Info and Band Dues/Expenses Form
- Can be completed entirely online: https://bvnbandboosters.boosterhub.com/store/1416
- Under the “Fall Band Dues” header at the top of the page, click on each of the 7 buttons and complete whatever you need to complete.
- OR – you can complete it in hard copy: CLICK HERE for a downloadable PDF. This hard copy will also be given to students on their first day of band camp (marching mustangs) or first week of school (non-marching classes)
- Dues Payments are payable to BVN Band. Check or online payments available.
Step 2 – Required BV District Forms
- This is completely Online. Please complete here: https://bluevalleysd-ar.rschooltoday.com/home
- ALL Band Students – Once you are set-up and logged into that site, please complete the Health Form, Transportation Form, and Media Form. These are REQUIRED for ALL Band Students
- A Physical is also REQUIRED for Marching Mustangs Only (Physical must be completed after May 1 2023 and on file by Monday, August 7th, 2023)
- These forms will transfer to all District activities/clubs/teams!
- Marching Mustangs should:
- Complete the Band Info Form/Dues Paid by their uniform fitting at Band Camp. If completing online, please do so before your uniform fitting. If turning in hard copy, please bring the hard copy and check with you to your uniform fitting.
- Complete the District forms packet by Monday, August 7th.
- All other Band Students (Freshman, Concert, and Jazz Bands): should have all forms (band and district) completed by the 2nd Friday of School. If you are bringing a hard copy in for your Band info form/dues payment, please turn them into the Blue Box outside of Mr. Freeman/Mr. McCarty’s office in the Band Room.
A Note about Band Dues
- $300 for all members of Marching Mustangs
- $175 for all band students who will not be in marching band.
- Just like everything, it’s not free to run a band program. Rest assured that EVERY penny goes to support our band program and make the experience possible for every band student.
- What do dues cover? Well… pretty much everything you can imagine: supplies/equipment for the band, logistical/travel expenses, some staffing and clinician expenses, anytime we feed the students, music purchases, and on and on. We do get very nice and much appreciated support from the school district, our BVN in-house support (principals), and our BVN PBC…. but your dues cover the largest portion of our budget.
- Concerns about Dues? Please email Mr. Freeman! [email protected]. Dues are necessary for us to run the program, but should never prevent anyone from participation. We will work with you to make band happen and keep all financial discussions confidential.
SPAIN TRAVELERS: June and August Spain Trip Payments – how to?
- June Payment: Pay on BoosterHub OR bring a check to the band room during our Marching Mustang Mini Camp Next week on Thursday, June 1st.
- August Payment: Pay on BoosterHub OR bring a check to the band room during Band Camp
- Reminder: there is NO July Payment. (strategic planning because of the difficulty of collecting payments while everyone’s on summer break)
- You can also deliver checks to the BVN front desk in an envelope labeled Mr. Freeman, and the summer receptionists will make sure the checks get where they need to go!
Last but not least… in fact – MOST IMPORTANT: BOOKMARK The BAND UPDATE WEBPAGE!
- NEW MEMBERS: Please bookmark this – it will be your one-stop-shopping site for all Band Details!
- Returning members/families: please CHANGE your link BACK to our https://bvnband.org/student-resources/band-update/.