BVN Band Update
Band Quick Links:
- BVN Band Calendar Website – ALL Details for ALL Events and you can subscribe!
- BVN Band Spiritwear Sales END Thursday Evening 8/17/2023
- BVN Band Events, 2023-2024 – the “Fridge Calendar”
- BVN SUMMER BAND NEWSLETTER– SO Many Details!
- Marching Mustangs Schedule
- BAND App Groups – Make sure you’re in!
- Band Forms and Dues, 2 steps. (Marching Mustangs Complete ASAP. All other Band Members complete by Friday 8/25)
AUDITION MATERIALS for 2023-2024 Honor Bands!! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
- Kansas Sousa Band, for 9th Graders – CLICK HERE For audition music and details.
- KMEA All-District and All-State Band
- Woodwinds and Brass: CLICK HERE For audition music and details.
- Percussion and all Jazz Auditioners: CLICK HERE for auditions music. (this will take you to our Members only section of the website… one more click from there to the folder of audition materials)
- NOTE: the KMEA Auditions Materials will also be what we use for auditions for Spring BVN Concert Bands.
IMPORTANT: Stay up with Band Info!
Make a Shortcut, one touch, on your phones to the BAND CALENDAR Webpage: https://bvnbandboosters.boosterhub.com/calendar/1413#
On that page, you’ll find all available details of all band events. You are also one click away from:
- The Band Update Website (this page)
- The rest of the Band BoosterHub Site, including our store and much more.
- A couple more clicks gets you to our Members Only Page, which has resources for students and downloads of performance recordings (audio and video) as they become available.
SPAIN TRAVELERS: Read this, and pay attention to Email:
- CLICK HERE for our Spain Trip Webpage.
- The first Quarter of the school year will have several tasks for all Spain Travelers, as we put all of the details together for our upcoming trip.
- IMMEDIATE TO-DO: PASSPORTS!!! If you have not yet acquired your passport, the time is NOW! You might need to consider an expedited process at this time, to ensure your passport is processed in time. Insider tips:
- Pay attention to ALL the details on the Passport Application. A minor mistake can delay processing. Be picky with your passport picture, too!
- The application asks for a date of travel. List your departure date a week-ish in front of our actual travel.
- It’s been a while since I did this… but hopefully someone can confirm for me: The Post Office Location in Stillwell (199th and Metcalf) used to be the BEST place to complete your application. Previous experience: no appointment required and they are WAY on top of it – quick, kind, and DONE.
- COMING SOON:
- A couple final fundraising pushes…. If EVERYONE helps it could make a good dent in our final payments!
- Chaperones: A survey to help us set up chaperone groups.
- Student Travelers: Roommate Sign-ups! The vast majority of our rooms will be 2 people in twin beds. Think about who you want to room with!
- All-Travelers: a big info survey…. medical info, food allergies, official travel info (name as spelled on passport, passport #’s, etc), and more. This is a BIG one. When it comes out – complete it ASAP!
- And More!
- Traveler Status:
- We have a handful of travelers with questions about their status (i.e. land only or full trip? Going on the trip or not?).
- ALL Traveler Status Questions need to be answered by September 1st.
- Final Payments:
- Hard to believe we are down to four final two payments:
- September 1: $550
- October 1: $625
- Please be ON TIME with these payments.
- We hope that some final fundraising push will LOWER these payments.
- PAY ATTENTION – then Respond Quickly and Appropriately
- Please Pay CLOSE attention to all email communication about the trip, and reply QUICKLY. This helps us SOOOOO much, behind the scenes. We’ll have a LOT of info to process… it goes SO much easier when we are not also tracking down non-repliers.
- If one of our Trip Coordinators contacts you, reply like it is from ME (or Mrs. Krulik/Mr. McCarty/Mrs. Erpelding). The coordinators are doing a whole bunch of work, pro bono, to make this trip happen for YOU. Thank you for showing your gratitude with awesome and QUICK replies.
1st Quarter in the Band, At-A-Glance
- Week of 8/14: First Day of School! Volunteer Pep Bands for New Mustang Events. Marching Mustangs Weds PM Rehearsals Start on 8/16
- Week of 8/21: Marching Mustangs Full Rehearsal schedule begins: 7:10 AM Rehearsals (Mon-Tues-Friday 7:10 AM Start. Wednesday regular 1st block class/no early start AND Weds PM Rehearsal). This schedule continues each week through October 21st
- Back to School Night on Tuesday 8/22!
- Saturday August 26th: Band Picnic, Parade Rehearsal for ALL Band Members, PICTURES, and Marching Mustang Mini Camp!
- Marching Mustangs Morning/Evening Rehearsal schedule continues through the month.
- Regular weekly schedules all month except no school Monday 9/4 (Labor Day)
- Big Events: Sat 9/23 Blue Springs South Marching Festival, Football Games on Fri 9/8 (MS Band Night) and Fri 9/29!
- Marching Mustangs Morning/Evening Rehearsal schedule continues on all regular school days through Friday 10/20. Morning/Evening rehearsals end on Friday 10/20
- Regular weekly schedules all month except no school Friday 10/13 and PSAT Testing Day (Date TBD)
- Big Events for Marching Mustangs: Monday 10/2 BV District Marching Showcase (a Really fun one!!), Football Games on Friday 10/6 (homecoming) and 10/20 (senior night/light show!). Marching Festivals (!!!) on 10/14 (Branson… two day trip leave Friday 10/13) and 10/21 (Kansas Bandmasters Championships @ KU). POSSIBLE home football playoff game on 10/27 (details TBD)
- Big Events for EVERYONE: HOMECOMING PARADE (all band members perform) on Wednesday 10/4. Coffee Shop Night (performance for Jazzers and Concert Band) on Tuesday 10/24
- Sousa Band Audition Recordings due Friday 10/20, for interested 9th graders.
November-December will be fun, too!
- We switch Concert Band and Marching Mustangs to Blue/Silver Concert Bands, who prepare the December Concert.
- ECKMEA All-District Honor Band and Jazz Auditions in Early November lead to the ECKMEA District Honor Groups – rehearsals and performances in Early December.
- SPECIAL GUEST ARTISTS VISIT BVN!!! The Fountain City Brass Band will do a residency at BVN in Mid-November!!!!!!!!!!!
- Blue/Silver Basketball Pep Bands: rosters will be set in November and we’ll have Basketball Games in December. Always a BLAST and a huge support to our community!
- Our Annual December Concert is a highlight of the year, each and every year!
- And… of course… Heading to SPAIN at the end of December!!