Band Camp Kickoff Picnic!
EVERYONE IS INVITED – all Band Families and Parents/siblings! On Sunday, July 31st, we’ll kick off our week of full band camp with a Picnic for all of our Band Family! This will be the first time we’ve had the picnic portion of the evening since pre-covid… Hooray!!!
- The picnic is 5-6 PM at BVN, North of the building (outdoors), in the area between the Baseball field and east football field (the FB field with the track/adjacent to Lamar). Bring lawn chairs and come enjoy the dinner and meet other band families!
- at 6 PM, the Marching Mustangs will have their first full ensemble rehearsal of camp, on the east FB Field. This rehearsal was initially scheduled 6-8 PM, but we’ll finish by or before 7:30 PM.
- PARENTS: Also at 6 PM, we invite all of our 1st time band parents to spend a little time with our Mustang Band Booster Parent board. Our Band Parents are WONDERFUL, and just like the amazing community of students in the band, the band parents are also an outstanding and supportive group. This is not really a “meeting” – but a more relaxed time to meet our parent leaders and get to know a little about our band and the wonderful people in our extended band family.
- To pull of this picnic, we’re asking for donations from lots of band families! CLICK HERE to sign up.
- Families of Senior Band Members: Bring hamburger and/or hot dog buns, or chips.
- Families of Junior Band Members: Bring hamburger/hot dog dressings (ketchup, mustard, relish, etc).
- Families of Sophomore Band Members: Bring a side dish. Thank you for remembering that we have students with nut allergies, so please avoid nuts.
- Families of Freshman Band Members: bring desserts. Definitely no nuts here (if you’re getting cookies – chocolate chip is the way to go!). There are also LOTS of nut-safe/nut-free cookies and similar out there. If you plan to bring those, please indicate it on the sign-up.
Band Camp Help Needed!
Parents – we need your help! For Uniform fittings July 28-29-30 and during our full camp week (august 1-5) morning breaks.
- Popsicle Donations/help with our morning breaks during full band camp week.
- August 1-5, 10-11 AM
- Donations of popsicles and a few volunteers needed.
- Set-up and Tear Down Help for our end of camp ice cream social on Saturday, August 6th. Set up at 10 AM, tear down when the social is done… usually wrapping up about 11:30 AM.
CLICK HERE to sign up to help with uniform fittings, and for all details.
- NO experience required! It will be enjoyable.
- 1:30 – 4:00 each afternoon, July 28-29-30 (Weds-Thurs-Fri)
Band Update: Summer, 2022
I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Summer. a BVN Band Summer Newsletter will be published in early July. In the meantime, here are some quick and convenient links for you!
- Marching Mustangs Summer Rehearsal and Band Camp Schedule
- BVN Band Performance Calendar 22-23
- Summer Band Absence Form
- Calendar Agreement: ALL 22-23 BVN Band Members please complete this!
- BVN Band Forms Links, 22-23
- Some of our Rosters for 22-23
- Audition Music!
- CLICK HERE to go to our Student Resources Page (ask section leaders for the password) for audition materials for BVN, ECKMEA Honor Bands, All-State Honor Bands, and the John Philip Sousa Honor Band
- Marching Mustangs Resources!
- CLICK HERE to to to our Student Resources Page (ask section leaders for the password) for links to your Marching Mustangs Music folders!
Have a GREAT summer!